Adult Advanced Drama
Adult Advanced Drama class is a class for 15-21 year old’s, who are serious about Acting. The class is headed by Judith Taylor who is Head of Drama for Singer Stage School, and a LAMDA Drama examiner and a working actress. Although comedic themes are covered in these lessons, there is a hard-hitting edge to a lot of the themes, in preparation for the work that is currently available in the industry. Classes are held on Tuesdays from 8pm-9pm in Leigh-on-Sea. Please email email@example.com for more information. The programme of topics covered includes.
- Meisner – “Truthful Acting “ and other techniques
- Stanislavski – “ Method Acting” and other techniques
- Uta Hagen – 6 Steps to Character Building
- Laban – Movement and physicality in Acting
- Cold Reading – Improving interpretation skills when reading an unknown text
- Script Work – Working on range of material – working towards local festivals and LAMDA Showcases.
- Brecht – “ The Fourth Wall” and other techniques
- Filming techniques – Unique to Singer Stage School, this gives the students the opportunities to learn about different filming techniques/ self-taping etc
- Improvisation – This provides students with the opportunity to explain and build on their confidence and ability to be flexible and work as part of a cast.
- Devised scenes and monologues – This section includes working with props, stage/sounds effects and different locations.
- Audition preparation – The students will work on both Audition preparation, as well as compiling a portfolio of suitable monologues for auditions.